Why is fibre important?
- Controls body weight
- Controls and possibly prevents hypertension
- Helps balance cholesterol
- Regulates bowel movements
- Regulates blood sugar
- Regulates your body’s satiation signals, which let you know when you’re full
- Lowers risk of colon cancer
- Lowers risk of breast cancer
- Lowers risk of diabetes
What type of fibre does OptiFibre consist of?
Inulin is a prebiotic fibre that can enhance favourable changes to your colon’s bacterial population. This is important because these digestive bacteria play a significant role in how well you absorb nutrients and even produce hormones that influence anxiety and appetite.
Psyllium, which is also called ispaghula, is made from the husks of the Plantago ovata herb’s seeds. Psyllium contains 70% soluble fibre, which means it can help increase feelings of fullness and slow digestion.